- If you get an e-mail message warning you that your PayPal account is about to expire, don't open it. Instead, delete the email and delete it from your "Deleted Items" folder.
- If you open it, don't double-click the attachment.
- If you double-click the attachment, don't complete the form asking for your credit card information.
- And if you do fill in the form, call your credit card company immediately.
I read that checklist as:
- Don't do something stupid.
- If you did something stupid, don't follow this up by being stupid again.
- If you did something stupid, don't follow this up by being stupid for a third time.
- If you've reached this point, you are farked.